On tips from Conan and J Fisher.
By Dave Blount |
Obama’s Complete List of Historic Firsts
Yes, he’s historic, alright.
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to issue an unlawful “recess-appointment” while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department).
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First president to intentionally disable credit card security measures in order to allow over-the-limit donations, foreign contributions and other illegal fundraising measures.
• First President to Defy a Federal Judge’s Court Order to Cease Implementing the ‘Health Care Reform’ Law
• First President to halt deportations of illegal aliens and grant them work permits, a form of stealth amnesty roughly equivalent to “The DREAM Act”, which could not pass Congress
• First President to Sign a Law Requiring All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on ‘Shovel-Ready’ Jobs — and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
• First President to sue states for requiring valid IDs to vote, even though the same administration requires valid IDs to travel by air
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
• First President to sign into law a bill that permits the government to “hold anyone suspected of being associated with terrorism indefinitely, without any form of due process. No indictment. No judge or jury. No evidence. No trial. Just an indefinite jail sentence.”
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases
• First President to Openly Defy a Congressional Order Not To Share Sensitive Nuclear Defense Secrets With the Russian Government
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler
• First President to “Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions”
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
• First President to Terminate America’s Ability to Put a Man into Space.
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present”
• First President to send $200 million to a terrorist organization (Hamas) after Congress had explicitly frozen the money for fear it would fund attacks against civilians.
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
• First President to refuse to comply with a House Oversight Committee subpoena.
• First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
• First President to Preside Over America’s Loss of Its Status as the World’s Largest Economy (Source: Peterson Institute)
• First President to Have His Administration Fund an Organization Tied to the Cop-Killing Weather Underground
• First President to allow Mexican police to conduct law enforcement activities on American soil
• First president to propose budgets so unreasonable that not a single representative from either party would cast a vote in favor (“Senate unanimously rejected President Obama’s budget last year in 0-97 vote”, Politico, “House Votes 414-0 to Reject Obama’s Budget Plan”, Blaze)
• First President to press for a “treaty giving a U.N. body veto power over the use of our territorial waters and rights to half of all offshore oil revenue” (The Law Of The Sea Treaty)
• First President to Golf 90 or More Times in His First Three Years in Office
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.
Remember all the troubles the feds and the unions gave Boeing about building a factory in a right to work state? First plane rolled out and it did NOT say made in USA, but Made in South Carolina!
And if you’re interested, I think this is how they make hybrids.
And the response from the American people?
Marine ventilates intruder on bad trip
After dialing 1911, the maniac intruder ceased posing a threat.
Attention moonbats: stay away from the brown acid, otherwise the Second Amendment might be required to bring you down off your trip.
BO likes his dog well done with a side of biscuits.
This is just exploitative sensationalism.
Bo Jangles says: May 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm
I just skimmed your list – pretty impressive. I’m not saying this as any sort of criticism mind you, because I’m sure some of his “firsts” are still classified, but despite the impressive length and breadth of your list, I submit it only skims the surface.
Festivus says: May 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm
No, actually his preferred sides are corn bread and collard greens. Michelle told me.
you know, I’m not up to anything that I’m worried about anyone observing, but this still sort of sets off some alarm bells with me.
A newly discovered Air Force intelligence brief states that should fleets of unmanned drones accidentally capture surveillance footage of Americans, the data can be stored and analyzed by the Pentagon for up to 90 days.
The instruction, dated April 23, admits that the Air Force cannot legally conduct “nonconsensual surveillance” on Americans, but also states that should the drones”incidentally” capture data while conducting other missions, military intelligence has the right to study it to determine whether the subjects are legitimate targets of domestic surveillance.
“Collected imagery may incidentally include US persons or private property without consent,” the instruction states.
The Air Force can take advantage of “a period not to exceed 90 days” to use the data to assess “whether that information may be collected under the provisions of Procedure 2, DoD 5240.1-R and permanently retained under the provisions of Procedure 3, DoD 5240.1-R.” it continues.
Then again, consider the source site…
Pretty much everything else I see worth posting at the moment I already did in the last open thread so…
GOODNIGHT AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND Y’ALL!
Oh, I’m wondering what put Dr. 9 to sleep, but other than that, I mean, goodnight.
Dick Morris reports on a treaty that would send 50
5 of off-shore (beyond 200 miles) oil royalties to the third world.
Personally I’m tired of Obama’s efforts to hogtie the US by redistributing our wealth.
BTW….how much per month does Barack send his half brother in Kenya? Apparently he has found other ways of supporting his three wives.
Oh, there is one point, from the list of firsts, that I wanted to make a comment about:
First President to Have a Law Signed By an ‘Auto-pen’ Without Being “Present”
Isn’t this what they were talking about prosecuting mortgage company executives over when they were “robo-signing”? It’s illegal for them to do it, but OK for Obama to do it?
RE: AC at May 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm:
I feel bad for EVERYBODY invoved in that mess…..what a stupid reason to die.
Bo Jangles comes up with a list on which I spend valuable ink and paper to copy because it is so awesome.
You follow up by saying it’s incomplete. Are you OK? Please make us a more complete list of just how inadequate Bo Jangles is…he obviously wasted his creative, concerned, and constructive energy.
Last night I read the blogs from 9:00 pm to midnight, and it’s “What About Bob?” “Bob’s Night Out, “The Bobster,” or the “MoonBobbery.”
No sensible new blogger would have dared enter the realm of “Bobathon!”
Several bright regulars were polite enough to offer you hints, but I’m a blue collar guy – get your ego in tow! If you were a board game you’d be monopoly.
this explains everything:
The year was 1947.
Some of you will recall that on July 8, 1947, a little more than 64 years ago, numerous witnesses claim that an unidentified flying object (UFO), with five aliens on board, crashed onto a sheep and mule ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico.
This is a well known incident that many say has long been covered-up by the U.S. Air Force, as well as other federal agencies and organizations. However, what you may NOT know is that in the month of April, year 1948, nine months after that historic day, the following people were born:
Barrack Obama Sr.,
Albert A. Gore, Jr.,
William J. Clinton,
John F. Kerry,
Charles E. Schumer,
Barbara Boxer, and
Clearly, this is the consequence of aliens breeding with sheep and jack-asses.
I truly hope this bit of information clears up a lot of things for you. It certainly did for me. And now you can stop wondering why they support the bill to help all Illegal Aliens.
AC, I laughed at the brown acid reference, but you are dating yourself, bro. Dating both of us actually.
President Obama’s former doctor claims that the president lacks passion, feeling and humanity
Barack Obama complained in 2008 that any discussion not involving the economy was a “distraction”
Government Issues Study of a Study About Studies
Original document proving Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee ancestry doesn’t exist?
Update: 1999 Harvard report lists one female Native American faculty member
MSNBC cuts conservative’s mic when he calls out media coverage of Romney “bully” story
House Dems Take Training Course On Playing The Race Card…
Canadian “Green” Energy Firm Will Receive $50 Million In Stimulus Funds To Save 2 Jobs At Nevada Solar Plant…
Bob Roberts said:
“Oh, I’m wondering what put Dr. 9 to sleep, but other than that, I mean, goodnight…”
Bob, those Z’s were not meant to indicate that i was sleeping, but the American people.
Regarding the “Obama’s First” list i posted above, i must say that it’s great observations (did not) come from me, but were borrowed from the wild and patriotic minds at PIG. Unfortunately, i don’t have that kind of talent. I just thought they were worthy of being passed on to you all.
“the leftist bar mitzvah is when your son gets arrested for the first time”
Movies for Moonbats: Bobcat Goldthwait’s ‘God Bless America’
Imagine if a conservative filmmaker had released a thinly veiled violence fantasy.
Around world, Obama’s presidency a disappointment
Businessman Says He Lost Hundreds of Customers After Attacks by Obama Campaign
When the U.S. really did try austerity, it worked!
New EPA project: Cap-and-trade simulator
Yet another plastic bag ban to save the world
Keeping in mind any attempts to “measure Earth’s temperature” are at best estimates which are subject to debate and interpretation…
UAH Global temperature, up in April
Note both the short term and longer term trends here.
Now based on several respectable REAL scientists I’ve often stated that “no statistically significant warming occurred after 2008″. This is not necessarily the source of that claim, though one would have to rigorously define “statistically significant warming” to really deal with that discussion in this context.
What I want you to notice about this graph is that it contains three lines. A blue line that is the shortest term dataset. A red line that is a running centered 13 month average. And the last line, a black sine curve.
A word about the red and blue lines first – as you can see, even as anthropogenic CO2 output continues at levels well above the drastic cuts the alarmists claim are required to avert catastrophe, we have both warming and cooling going on. They don’t seem to have provided the granularity of the blue line dataset but clearly it’s something like bimonthly, quarterly or something near that. The red line is every 13 months, smoothed.
But they are not the ones I’m interested in. Look at the black line. A smooth rise and fall in temperatures over a longer timescale. Unfortunately we don’t even have a full cycle. Realize we haven’t had the tool that produced this dataset for very long. But already I can see confirmation of the theory that climate tends to vary on a scale of about 50 years, perhaps not strictly on a rigid period, but something on that scale in general. Note that the black line shows temperature bottoming out around 1985 then climbing until around 2009. that’s almost a 25 year half-cycle. Now we’ll have to be patient and analyze about three cycles before we start reaching any testable conclusions, I’d say, but it appears this data tends, for the moment, to support theories that there are alternating periods of global warming and cooling that are totally independent of any anthropogenic influence.
Remember, I’m not saying humans have NO affect – I’m saying rather that on global and long term scales human influence is negligible at best.
It is a little above the mainstream media…>>
It’s between heaven & Hell!
In Europe, where more than 200,000 people thronged a Berlin rally in 2008 to hear Barack Obama speak, there’s disappointment that he hasn’t kept his promise to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, and perceptions that he’s shunting blame for the financial crisis across the Atlantic.
Guess “blame Bush” stopped working so he switched to “blame Europe”! Still, I have to stand up for him on this one – he’s not the only one saying this. Respected economists have stated the socialist tendencies of Europe are behind their current weak economic outlooks.
They’re just upset that their own attempts to blame it all on America have failed, though it’s true that Obama and the Democrats did cause the mortgage meltdown and subsequent credit crunch.
SOCIALIST PARADISE MAY BE FORCED TO FACE ECONOMIC REALITY
Unemployment Benefits Ending for Thousands of Californians
Expect this to have a cascading effect, for California state and local governments have projected tax revenue based on current collections, not on the collections which will drop significantly once this hits.
Back home they’re none too happy about Obama’s latest “gutsy call”.
Wonder how much blowback I’ll get for that one.
Trolling for Dirt on the President’s List Politics of the dirtiest kind.
Mitt Romney uses Jimmy Carter as campaign weapon
Compare and contrast the Obama approach to the fair and legitimate Romney approach of pointing out how much Obama has in common with Jimmy Carter. In fact, Obama outdoes Jimmy Carter’s incompetence in almost every way imaginable. Prior to 2008 Carter was, arguably, the worst President ever. Not any more.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows Mitt Romney earning 50% of the vote and President Obama attracting 42% support.
Things not currently looking so good for Team Obama. Single digit undecided, too.
Blind N.J. Man Gets Guns Back Years After Police Took Them Away. Judge Rules Steven Hopler’s Disability Can’t Take Away Right To Bear Arms
We have to win the war against those who wish to shred the Constitution and we can, even if it’s one battle at a time.
France’s new socialist President Hollande turns out to be one of “the 1%”!
France’s new Socialist president owns three holiday homes in the Riviera resort of Cannes, it emerged today.
Francois Hollande, 57, who “dislikes the rich” and wants to revolutionise his country with high taxes and an onslaught against bankers, is in fact hugely wealthy himself.
His assets were published today in the Official Journal, the gazette which contains verified information about France’s government.
To the undoubted embarrassment of the most Left-wing leader in Europe, and a man who styles himself as “Mr Normal”, they are valued at almost £1 million.
It will also reinforce accusations that Hollande is a “gauche caviar”, or “Left-wing caviar” — the Gallic equivalent of a champagne Socialist.
Among his other assets are three current accounts in French banks — two with global giant Société Générale and one with the Postal Bank.
But it is the fabulous property portfolio which is causing the greatest stir among millions of ordinary French people who voted for Hollande over the conservative Nicolas Sarkozy last Sunday.
Mr Hollande regularly attacked the “bling-bling” presidency of Mr Sarkozy, whose multi-millionaire lifestyle with Italian-born heiress Carla Bruni contributed to his humiliating election defeat after just one term in office.
As well as the spacious Paris apartment he shares with his lover Valerie Trierweiler, Mr Hollande owns a palatial villa in Mougins, the hill-top Cannes suburb where artist Pablo Picasso used to live.
It is valued by the Official Journal at 800,000 euros (£642,000), and is just a short drive from Hollande’s two flats close to the promenade in Cannes. They are priced at 230,000 euros (£185,000) and 140,000 euros (£112,000). Mr Hollande has promised to cut his pay by 30 per cent after he is officially sworn in as president next week, but he will still be on 156,000 (£125,000) a year, plus fabulous expenses and other perks.
He intends to set a top tax rate of 75 per cent, and to increase France’s wealth tax — moves which have already seen rich people threatening to leave the country and move abroad including to London.
French rich threatening to move to LONDON? Remember, the U.K. already has crushing taxes and they’re moving THERE to get away from French socialists and their promise to enact huge new taxes there?
He is also interfering in the internal affairs of Germany:
He has also threatened to block the eurozone’s new financial treaty unless Germany agrees to renegotiate its stringent austerity measures.
Betty White falls off her rocker.
dan says: May 12, 2012 at 5:36 am
Very funny. Totally false, but still, very funny!
There’s no need to copy and paste huge blocks of text from an article. It inhibits readibility. Link the headlines, and only rarely except the article in an open thread, if it is necessary to explain the moonbattery in a way which a headline can’t.
There’s so many great links out there. Keeping open thread posts short and to the point with headlines only lets everyone scroll through for articles which interest them. Your good links are getting buried in walls of text.
J and Bob, listen to AC.
Sung to the tune of Maneater by Hall and Oates:
Woe, here he comes,
Watch out boys, he’ll eat you up
Woe, here he comes
He’s a dogeater
French rich threatening to move to LONDON? Remember, the U.K. already has crushing taxes and they’re moving THERE to get away from French socialists and their promise to enact huge new taxes there?
My dad joined the Army Air Corp when he was 17 to help free Europe. I look and wonder “what was the point?”
There are no loger free men in England. France is likely as socialist as they would have been under either the NAZIs or the USSR. The only folks who appreciate economic freedom are countries that suffered under the heel of totalitarian regiems which also includes many Russians and Germans.
Maybe if the French had had to free themselves from the National Socialists, they wouldn’t hate economic freedom today.
And I guess that being ‘subjects” is just too ingrained in the British mind. Or maybe it is simply that those who wanted freedom pretty much left the British Isles.
Moonbattery is powered by WordPress
Alibi3col theme by Themocracy