George Soros is really getting his money’s worth out of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, whose noteworthy accomplishments include:
• Drug dealer, alleged child molester, and convicted perjurer, forger and Indiana Speedway Bomber (who is also believed to have played a role in the assassination of a grandmother), Brett Kimberlin spent 17 years in prison before his ultimate re-absorption into American society
• He started a non-profit dubbed “Justice Through Music (JTM)” that has, since at least 2005, been funded by George Soros’ Tides Foundation and Barbra Streisand among other leftists
• Along with his associate, Kimberlin also started an organization called “Velvet Revolution” that supports the Occupy movement
• JTM’s goal is to use music to foster “social justice” and fight Republican “voter fraud” (like the kind George Bush allegedly used to “steal” the Florida election)
• Any blogger — conservative and liberal alike — who has written the truth about Kimberlin has come under vicious attack by either Kimberlin or his minions, suffering death threats (veiled and unveiled), multiple lawsuits, loss of jobs and worse
• He has filed over 100 frivolous lawsuits against anything that isn’t nailed down and somehow is being allowed to continue unchecked
He is known as the “Speedway Bomber” because he set off a series of coordinated bombings in the Indiana town in 1978, causing a man to commit suicide after his limbs were irreparably damaged. While incarcerated for this, Kimberlin earned a law degree.
Since then he has specialized in silencing conservatives with lawsuits and extreme forms of harassment. Here’s what happened when Los Angeles County Assistant District Attorney Patrick Frey, whom conservative blog fans know as Patterico, ran afoul of Kimberlin:
[A] yet-to-be identified man (but one who sounds much like a Kimberlin associate, according to Frey) placed a call to law enforcement the early morning hours of July 1, 2011, to announce that he had just shot his wife. The man then proceeded to give the operator Frey’s home address. Of course, the call was intended to make it look like Fey had just confessed to murdering his wife at his home. Just after midnight, a SWAT team descended on Frey’s doorstep, screaming at the top of their lungs for the attorney to place his hands behind his head. They arrested him and dragged him to the patrol car while simultaneously dragging his wife out of bed.
The malicious prank could easily have gotten Frey killed.
Aaron Walker and his wife lost their jobs in the course of a bizarre smear/intimidation campaign by Kimberlin.
Progressives have one big advantage, other than their control of the media: being the bad guys, they can be completely unrestrained in their tactics.