Maybe some people honestly didn’t realize in 2008 that a vote for Barack Hussein Obama is a vote for the radical Islamists who killed 3,000 Americans on 9/11 and who will not rest until they have killed many more. But there’s no excuse for not knowing it now. Robert Spencer lists eight reasons why we are less safe today than we were four years ago. To summarize, Obama has…
1. Warmly supported the “Arab Spring” revolutions in Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya (the latter with military aid) that heralded the installation of pro-Sharia Islamic supremacist regimes in each.
2. Refused to say a single positive word about the uprising against the bloody Islamic regime in Iran, ostensibly on the grounds that American support would doom the uprising to failure — a possibility that never gave him pause in his rush to praise the Egyptian, Libyan, and Tunisian uprisings.
3. Displayed repeated contempt for Israel and its prime minister, thereby drastically weakening the U.S.’s relationship with its only ally in the Middle East and encouraging jihadists who have vowed to destroy the Jewish state — not least in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
4. Readily acquiesced to the demands of Muslim groups tied to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood that training material for the FBI and Department of Homeland Security be purged of all accurate information about how jihadists use the texts and teachings of Islam to recruit and motivate terrorists.
5. Kept American troops in Afghanistan without a clearly defined mission, fighting against a foe, the Taliban, that have so thoroughly infiltrated the government and police force that our troops are murdered by their putative allies in ever-increasing numbers.
6. Aided and abetted the ever more prevalent idea that when Muslims riot and murder over something a non-Muslim has said or done, the fault, and the responsibility to change his behavior, lies with the non-Muslim.
7. Lent the prestige and power of his Justice Department to court cases involving Muslims demanding special accommodation not accorded to non-Muslims.
8. Utterly failed, despite his many attempts to accommodate Muslims domestically and internationally, to stop jihadists from plotting attacks on U.S. soil.
By now even liberals should be past the idea that groveling to violent bullies is an antiterror defense — but that’s the closest thing to a defense we will get from Obama.
On a tip from Ummah Gummah.