Mega-retailers have confirmed their loyal membership in the liberal Establishment and their willingness to join in an ideological war of annihilation against the very concept of the South by refusing to sell Confederate flag merchandise.
This confirms that like Big Advertising, Big Retail is far more concerned with advancing the liberal agenda than with making money, because thanks to the authorities’ big push to suppress it, the rebel flag is selling better than ever:
Leading retailers including Walmart (WMT), Amazon (AMZN), Sears (SHLD) and eBay (EBAY) have now said they’ll stop selling Confederate flag merchandise. But that follows a spike in sales that caught retailers off guard. On Monday, before Haley announced her change in position on the flag (which still must be approved by the state assembly), Amazon showed just two Confederate flags among the 60 bestselling items under “Outdoor Flags and Banners”: one at the No. 5 spot, and one at No. 43. The following morning, five of the top 20 bestsellers in the category were Confederate flags, including the No. 1 bestseller, a 3-by-5 foot polyester model made by Rhode Island Novelty and sold by a company called Anley. Among the top 60, 12 were versions of the Confederate flag.
Yesterday Vanity Fair admitted that Amazon customers
shot sales of the Confederate battle flag up by 3,620 percent. (That’s at the time of this writing—the number is rapidly increasing.)
That’s not an exaggeration. Here’s a screenshot from 1:55 P.M. EST of the “movers and shakers” in Amazon’s “Patio, Lawn, and Garden” section. For the patio-challenged, this is the section that sells items people publicly display in front of their homes:
Now the Amazon wing of the thought police have purged the forbidden flag, which because it represents the South is considered more “offensive” than the other items they have for sale, including these recently discovered by the Daily Caller:
• The Holocaust Hoax Exposed: Debunking the 20th Century’s Greatest Fabrication
• Swastika skins for your Playstation 4.
• An SS armband for when you cosplay as an SS stormtrooper.
• A Soviet lapel pin, to show your solidarity with the proletariat and the people who killed millions of them.
• A replica Death’s Head pin, just like the ones the SS wore while operating death camps in Poland.
• An iPhone case showing Piss Christ, a piece of art consisting of a crucifix in a jar of urine.
• A trendy pewter Nazi swastika pendant.
• This women’s T-shirt honoring Joseph Stalin.
• A canvas bag celebrating China’s Cultural Revolution, which killed millions.
• About ten thousand different Che Guevara t-shirts.
But of course not even Nazis and communist executioners like Che Guevara are as evil as the independently minded good old boys associated with the Confederate flag.
Liberal sanctimony is as phony as Obama’s grinning mug on a $3 bill.
Remember what moonbats used to admit openly before they became the Establishment: the issue is never the issue; the issue is always the Revolution. Now that they are in charge, the word “Revolution” has been replaced by “Agenda.” Otherwise nothing has changed. Every issue in the Culture War is merely a means to an end that they know we won’t like.
On tips from DinaRehn, Stormfax, J, and Son_of_Taz.