According to the trusted (by somebody, I guess) Al Gore, the world ended yesterday:
Gore told his supporters a decade ago that the world had until 27th January 2016 to end its addiction to fossil fuels or the it would come to an end.…
The claim was part of the marketing campaign for his hit documentary “An Inconvenient Truth”, which he maintains was not a cheap attempt to make money off the green frenzy. Although, by sheer coincidence, it did make him a pile of cash.
Hopefully you didn’t spend your last penny yesterday, believing you would no longer need money. We already knew that Prince Albert is full of it. Watts Up With That gives 10 reasons:
1. Satellite data says that Earth hasn’t warmed in nearly 20 years.
2. Predictions that climate change — the rebranding of “global warming” when it turned out that predicted warming wasn’t happening — would cause catastrophic weather damage haven’t panned out.
3. Despite all the self-congratulatory international conferences and pseudo-agreements, the world has done nothing to “fight global warming.”
4. In the mid- to late-2000s, Gore repeatedly predicted that an ice-free Arctic Ocean was coming in 2014. But as usual, his fortune-telling was wrong.
5. Gore’s movie, An Inconvenient Truth, which somehow won an Oscar, was found by a British judge to contain nine errors.
6. There [are] more Polar Bears now than ever.
7. Mr. Gore said in his movie that there would be a “shutting down of the ocean conveyor”. [If anything, it is speeding up.]
8. Mr. Gore claimed in his movie (citing hurricane Katrina) that “hurricanes are getting stronger due to global warming”. […Yet] there [have] been no strong Cat4 or Cat5 hurricanes that have impacted the USA since hurricane Wilma in October of 2005, spanning at entire decade.
9. Mr. Gore said in his movie that the snows of Kilmanjaro was disappearing due to global warming. […I]t is actually due to clear-cutting of the forests around the mountain, resulting in lower evapotranspiration, putting less water vapor into upslope winds, which allows the icecap to sublimate due to lack of replenishment.
10. For his “Climate Reality Project” Al Gore made a “Climate 101” video with [fellow moonbat charlatan] Bill Nye claiming to “prove” that CO2 causes warming. The experiment was so inept, and so poorly designed, that they had to resort to faking the results in post production.
Click through for details.
Cult leaders, learn from The Goracle’s example. If you are going to predict the end of the world, set the date of the apocalypse far enough in the future so that you are not around to be laughed at when it doesn’t happen.
On tips from Torcer.